D14442: Unify window and tab title

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 9 15:56:57 BST 2018

markg added a comment.

  In D14442#305753 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14442#305753>, @hallas wrote:

  > I would really like to have used the "Pretty Name" from the UDSEntry of the
  >  current URL, but it is not easily available. I have tried to retrive it using
  >  KIO::stat but not all protocols handle this very well, i.e. remote protocol.

  I just said it in my other comment, but you should not have a need to do that.
  Somehow somewhere this view is updated with a new path. The point where it does that is either a QUrl or a KFileITem (looks like a QUrl..) The calling side must have a KFileItem of it so passing that instead would make sense to me.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin