D14442: Unify window and tab title

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 9 13:44:23 BST 2018

hallas updated this revision to Diff 39351.
hallas added a comment.

  Removes the 'path - ' stuff from the window title. Previously Dolphin would use
  'scheme/host - path' as the window title for non local URLs, this is not the
  most user friendly thing to use. Instead the following algoithm is used for
  non local URLs:

  - If fileName is non empty use that
  - If path is non empty and not "/" use that
  - If host is non empty use that
  - Use the URL

  If GeneralSettings::showFullPathInTitlebar is true, then the full URL is used.

  I would really like to have used the "Pretty Name" from the UDSEntry of the
  current URL, but it is not easily available. I have tried to retrive it using
  KIO::stat but not all protocols handle this very well, i.e. remote protocol.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14442?vs=38678&id=39351