D12420: Make the warning text for deletion operations emphasize its permanency and irreversibility

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 25 15:28:49 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  1. We already have the sentence "This action cannot be undone" in the empty trash dialog alongside the word "permanently". This patch just makes the similarly destructive delete action say the same thing.

  2. It's well known the users barely read this kind of text, if at all. They only tend to remember parts of the text that are at the beginning or end, and the word "permanently" is buried in the middle. Regardless, I think the extra sentence "this action cannot be undone" is important to emphasize. This is an irreversible destructive action, after all.

  3. The purpose of making the text bold was to draw the casual user's eye to it and make them remember it. If there's anything about this dialog that we want them to remember, it's that they can't undo it and are on their own if they make a mistake.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO