D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 23 16:31:46 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12321#252337 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252337>, @markg wrote:

  > In those cases where you just browse through a gazillion icons (nothing with an icon picker or selecting icons, i didn't say any of that) becomes impossible in your future patch.
  >  This patch makes it slightly more "inconvenient" to browse folders like that.

  What "future patch" are you referring to, though?

  As far as I've understood, we don't plan to prevent people from viewing thumbnails for tiny icons anywhere (as long as they select a reasonable/medium grid size).

  In fact, with D12306: Filepicker dialog proper grid icon layout <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12306> there probably won't be much of a difference between slider position with regard to grid spacing anyway, as "this patch improves the grid spacing in icons-on-top mode by making it looser for small icons", to give more room for the filename label.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO