D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 23 13:57:15 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  > Then you make it impossible (ultimately, not with this patch though) to for instance browse through folders with small icons (say icon sets).

  We have an explicit icon chooser dialog for this task, using the file dialog is not the recommended way for apps to select an icon. Also, as you may have noticed, the file dialog does not show previews of SVGs for any size, making your point moot.

  As for choosing PNG icons, you can simply set the icon size large enough (38px for me) to see the previews anyway (and make the icon large enough to be visible in the first place, I might add). This workaround is good enough, and should not prevent us from improving the handling for all other situations. Let's be honest here: How often do you want to select icons with <38px size, but cannot increase the size temporarily?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO