D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 23 13:31:53 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12321#252283 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252283>, @markg wrote:

  > In D12321#252282 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252282>, @rkflx wrote:
  >
  > > In D12321#252281 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252281>, @markg wrote:
  > >
  > > > I agree but not for a button that the user controls.
  > >

  > > We already disable options where they do not make sense, see the Icon position setting which is only available in select view modes.
  > >
  > > The ability to preview could similarly be disabled where it does not make sense. I highly doubt this will cause confusion for users.
  >

  > Ohh, but i'm not against that :)
  >  I merely don't want one button to be changed by both the user and some code logic.

  It's the same for Icon position: Even if the user does not change from Above filename to Next to filename the code logic when changing the radio button (which would equal moving the zoom slider) to another view mode will change the icon position anyway, because for Detailed View you cannot have icons above the filename.

  This automatic logic is already there. You are simply objecting to not allowing previews for small icons. Yes, we will remove this possibility which was there before. No, I don't think this is bad, unless you can come up with reasons why anyone would want totally undecipherable previews.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO