D10698: Adds a new RenameDialog to Dolphin with more options for batch renaming

Emirald Mateli noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 22 10:44:30 BST 2018

emateli added a subscriber: asensi.
emateli added a comment.

  @ngraham

  > Rename the "Rename" tab to be "Sequential numbering" or something like that

  The issue with this is that there are more tokens now than just "#", so perhaps that could be misleading in a way?

  > When I switch to another tab, the preview doesn't automatically update until I change something in one of the text fields

  Good idea. Works like that now.

  @michaelh

  > Does this escape '#'? file \##ext file \\##ext.

  It doesn't as you found out but maybe it should I suppose.

  > This is flawless but what might the colons of the checkboxes labels mean?

  Removed, not sure why they were there in the first place.

  > On to 'Capture Groups' ??? ???

  Yeah, this one is a bit trickier to work out than the rest. The idea is that you match some regex groups on the input string and entirely transform the filename by giving it a new name and inserting the matched groups into the placeholders.

  This has been discussed a decent amount here, I added some "previews" from the captured groups to better help while working with this. I'll see if it's possible to update the labels and tab name to give a better discoverability of the functionality, but ultimately this is one of those things that is better explained in the documentation. Hene that help button in the form.

  -----

  Also, given that there was some talk about this being in KIO rather than Dolphin I tried pinging the #Krusader <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/krusader/> (not sure if mentioning it like this even sends any notifications to them. In case it doesn't: Pinging @asensi on whether this would be a good addition to the Krusader project so then we can consider moving it to KIO).

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin