D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 21:09:05 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12321#250031 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#250031>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In fact, perhaps we should consider this new automatically-disable-previews-at-small-sizes behavior to be a replacement for Dolphin's clunky independent-sliders-for-previews-and-non-previews feature. I suspect it was implemented that way to allay a similar concern (previews being useless at small sizes) but IMHO the solution in this patch is much more elegant and user-friendly

  Not sure I'd agree to that. Staying in a view mode and having the preview toggle make the items larger for previews, and smaller for regular icons, is quite neat! If at all this feature should be ported to the file dialog too…

  Nonetheless, both functionalities are independent of each other. Remembering a different slider position per preview toggle state (which applies to all kinds of icons sizes) has nothing to do with the fact that for small icon sizes it does not make sense to show thumbnails.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO