D12333: Put the open/save dialog's toolbar above all other widgets, like Dolphin does

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 17:47:13 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12333#249834 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12333#249834>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Here's another crude mockup: we could add only the navigation controls to the layout above the `KDirOperator` view.
  >
  > F5813149: Very very very crude mockup.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5813149>
  >
  > That would actually make the dialog even more "ergonomic" from the perspective of placing the navigation controls close to the view that they affect.

  Yeah, but the view mode buttons are still in that awkward corner, even though they affect the view too. Also you are now in the "two rows of icons above each other" territory, which is one of the few things I don't want to get back from past UI designs…

  I don't think the ideas are getting better than what we currently have. Let's work on the rest first.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO