D12094: Modify "Find" button to be a toggle, tracking state across tabs & split views

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 01:16:10 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  There should be a single action from the user's point of view:

  - In the menu (with the shortcut for Find written besides it).
  - In the toolbar (ideally displaying the toggle state).
  - In the Configure Shortcuts dialog (clearly allowing to set the shortcut for Find).
  - In the Configure Toolbars dialog.

  If we cannot hide the second action from there, perhaps we can only have a single action, for which we can try to override functionality though (e.g. the shortcut should focus instead of toggle). I write "try to", because obviously I don't know how to solve this either. I guess nobody knows at this point, otherwise this would have been solved long ago. Eventually someone will find a way…

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin