D12094: Modify "Find" button to be a toggle, tracking state across tabs & split views

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 00:46:04 BST 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  I searched and searched; read the API docs until my eyes ached. The first step (code-wise) in creating an action is adding an `action-id` to the ActionCollection. The next steps are adding a label, a shortcut key, and/or an icon.

  A toggle is a separate type of object than a standard button or menu entry. Thus, it needs its own `action-id`.

  I hesitated as long as I could before bothering David Faure. His email concludes with this subtle suggestion:

  > Two actions = two action names.
  >
  > Make the statusText for the toggle action include the word toggle, to
  >  differenciate them? The toolbar editor dialog shows the statusText near the
  >  bottom.

  I can patch that in if you like to see if it makes the duplicate entries more palatable and less confusing.

  Otherwise, I'm sorry to say, there doesn't seem to be any way to get two for the price of one.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin