D12218: Remove Reload button from the file dialogs' toolbar

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 16 15:57:21 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12218#247355 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12218#247355>, @markg wrote:

  > And up? Well, it's twice in there already. You have the breadcrumb bar which allows you to go up.

  Not if you are in Edit mode (see bug for discussion). Also note that e.g. openSUSE even patches Dolphin to provide Up by default (and I would suggest this as they way forward as well, i.e. adding it in Dolphin instead of removing it in the file dialog).

  > how often do you use back?

  It's not about us, but about regular users. For them it is reassuring to go back to the previous state when they misclicked on a directory. And having the corresponding Forward then makes it pretty clear that it is a web browser-like navigation, and not some kind of "show the previous dialog" thing known from mobile devices. Let's keep consistency with Dolphin here.

  > Refresh on the other hand is something i use relatively often, more then any of the other buttons.

  Curious to know: What do you need Refresh for? Maybe there's need for some changes so you won't have to hit that button manually so often?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO