D10702: Always use a job to delete files to avoid freezing process waiting on IO

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 14 11:33:22 BST 2018

meven added a comment.

  In D10702#243605 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10702#243605>, @jtamate wrote:

  > This freezing process happens for me in ktorrent the first time in a day I delete a file, but not the files after, even if they are iso images (>4GiB).
  >  Are we sure the problem is here and not in the notification step, for example loading the sound data and starting the sound processor?
  >  Does the freezing process happens if you delete a second big file?

  The current state is that it freezes as long as the file deletion (unlink) lasts.
  So the behavior you observe could only be due to varying IO performance of your system. Deleting files, even big files can be fast or slow depending on a lot of parameters : filesystem usage, repartition of the file on the drive : if it is spread out on a spinning disk then it is slow ...

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO