D12094: Modify "Find" button to be a toggle, tracking state across tabs & split views

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 11 18:53:54 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12094#244026 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12094#244026>, @ngraham wrote:

  > the toolbar item list has two Find items in it

  Hm, I don't think having two Find entries each in Configure Toolbars and in Configure Shortcuts is okay, in particular for the shortcuts this will cause some confusion.

  Can we find another solution which avoids adding `open_find`? Perhaps keep `KToggleAction` for most of the functionality, and only override keyboard handling to focus instead of close? In the end, the keyboard shortcut displayed for the menu entry and configurable in the dialog should also actually focus the Find bar.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin