D11979: Automatically show and hide selection markers based on single click/double click setting

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 6 14:26:54 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D11979#241153 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11979#241153>, @ngraham wrote:

  > All this patch does is bring to Dolphin the behavior that Folder view has. Maybe the reverse should happen, but the inconsistency is a problem.

  I'd say the use cases are slightly different, because it is certainly one of the  primary functions of a file manager to be able to select multiple files, while the same cannot be assumed necessarily for the folder view. But yeah, in principle I'd favour bringing this back (or making it configurable / respect Dolphin's setting) for folder view too.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin