T8349: Improve Places panel usability and presentation

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 5 14:27:51 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In T8349#136799 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8349#136799>, @michaelh wrote:

  > Wrt tags in panel
  >
  >   $ kioclient5 ls tags:/ | wc -l
  >   353
  >

  > How is places supposed to cope? (Ok, I should do some clean up, but ~50-100 tags will probably remain.)

  That's better discussed in D7700 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7700>, but the suggestion there was to have the top 8 tags displayed by default, with a "show all tags" button that reveals the remainder. Most people won't have hundreds of tags, I suspect.

  But it might make sense to reconsider that "show all tags" UI, or allow heavy tag users like yourself to turn it off. Keep in mind that by the time this is implemented, we'll have collapsible Places Panel sections, so if your Tags section has 335 tags, you'll be able to hide them all with one click by simply collapsing the section.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T8349