D11897: Expose group information to Dolphin's Information panel, tooltips, etc

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 18:59:48 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D11897#239159 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11897#239159>, @michaelh wrote:

  > In D11897#239115 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11897#239115>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > We might also want to come up with a generic solution for that issue, or else we'll hit it over and over again whenever we add a new piece of data that the Information Panel can display.
  >

  > In that case I would go for an generally opt-in solution with a few options checked by default. Just enough to convey whats possible. To be specific:
  >  Showing up for any file:
  >
  > - Tags
  > - Comment
  > - Rating
  > - Type or Date
  > - Size
  >
  >   Additionally:
  > - Title (covers all media: audio, video, ebooks)
  > - Width & Height (covers all images and video)

  In fact, this is exactly what we currently have by default in 18.04! :-)

  What I'm saying for this is that we need a generic method to add additional data that can be displayed using the Information Panel without making those data displayed by default for users who have previously customized what's displayed in their Information Panels.

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets