D11897: Expose group information to Dolphin's Information panel, tooltips, etc

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 13:34:09 BST 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  +1 Let's wait a little for more opinions.

INLINE COMMENTS

> metadatafilter.cpp:115
>          const QString uriString = it.key();
>          if (!settings.readEntry(uriString, true)) {
>              it = finalData.erase(it);

Because of default == true, Group shows up for "old users" as `kfileitem#group` is not defined for them.
`settings.readEntry(uriString, false)` would mitigate that, but then the config dialog of infopanel is out of sync. I. e. showing a checked Group.
I think we should leave it as is. Group hiding is only 4 clicks away for "old" == experienced users.

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets