T8349: Improve Places panel usability and presentation

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 2 15:27:59 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  I don't disagree with you, @sharvey, and I find the tiny 16x16 icons to be rather inscrutable and harsh myself. If we wanted to make that change, IMHO the best way to do this would be to raise the default size of the icons to 32x32, at which point they automatically change to pretty colored icons, and the places entries themselves have nice large click targets, which improves usability.

  Doing this increases the vertical height of the panel though, so we'd want to make sure we first optimize the contents and presentation by moving more relevant items closer to the top and making the Search For section collapsed by default to make sure that important items aren't buried "below the fold" (so to speak) for users who don't think to scroll the sidebar.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T8349