D11022: Resize the "normal" folder icons

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 1 10:22:29 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D11022#235434 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#235434>, @xyquadrat wrote:

  > In D11022#234894 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#234894>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:
  >
  > > If we make all icons of the same size (which I'm not sure I'd like), that code would become useless and should then be removed.
  >

  > 1. I am totally fine with abandoning this patch, but it was brought up on a few occasions on Bugzilla so I simply went ahead & made a patch

  The thing is, for one user that complains on bugzilla there are probably 10x people who are happy about the current implementation. Some of them *will* complain after this patch goes in.

  The rule of thumb to understand whether users are actually unhappy is to check how many votes a bugzilla ticket has.

  > 2. The animation would not be totally useless, because if you resize the information panel, the pixmap will not have a smooth transition

  Ah right, that's true.

  Still, as I mentioned in bugzilla, the only inconsistency that I'd fix is that the information panel does not check whether the preview setting is enabled.