D7647: Two clicks on file/folder to rename

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 25 08:12:08 BST 2017

sars added a comment.

  This new iteration is much better :)

  I still think it has to be a kind of "slow double click". Meaning that if you wait too long before you click the second time the action should be canceled. The action should only be triggered if the second click is within a reasonable time from the first click.

  Scenarios:

  DCT = double-click time

  1. Click an item to select it, wait more than 3xDCT (or even > 25 seconds), click the same item again once.

  In this case I **don't** want the item to enter rename mode.

  2. Nothing selected: Click an item to select it, click the item again after 1xDCT, but before 3xDCT.

  In this case I would expect a rename.

  3. An item is selected more than 3xDCT ago. Click the item, wait a bit longer than 1xDCT, click it again before 3xDCT has elapsed.

  In this case I would expect a rename.

  I don't think you would need too much changes to this patch to get it working like this. I already have an idea how it could be done ;)
  It only needs one more QElapsedTimer.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin