D7647: Bug 205157 - two clicks on file to rename

Andreas Krutzler noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 18 11:47:05 BST 2017

akrutzler added a comment.

  Back from holidays :)

  I checked the behavior regarding double-clicking the text and I thought right that fast-renaming doesn't get triggered. This only happens if one double-clicks an already selected item.
  This may happen if one:

  - select an item
  - wait the "double-click-interval" (which is 400ms by default, can be changed in system settings)
  - double-click the item
  - -> fast renaming starts by the first click of the double-click

  or

  - enters a directory
  - leaves this directory (directory item stays selected)
  - double click the directory again
  - -> fast renaming starts

  Is that the thing you are worried about?

  I thought you mean an additional time interval which describes how long fast-renaming is enabled. like:
  time-intervals:  |<--double-click (off)-->|<--fast-rename (on)-->|<--... (off)----

  But, as I see it, double-clicking an unselected item works as before :)

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin