D7847: Fix bug 158264 - Terminal panel (konsole part) blocks the umount of removable media

Miklos Marton noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 16 15:28:00 BST 2017

martonmiklos created this revision.
martonmiklos added a reviewer: Dolphin.
martonmiklos added a project: Dolphin.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch is originally written by Arjun AK for the KDE4 I think.
  https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/121613/

  Now I rebased to the current dolphin version and fixed the KF5 related changes.

  Also added handling the situations when the umounting of the device is not done from the same Dolphin window's places menu (from the notification tray for e.g.)

TEST PLAN
  For testing the places menu removal process:

  1. Insert a removable media.
  2. Open it with dolphin
  3. Hit https://phabricator.kde.org/F4 to open up the terminal
  4. Click on the removable device with right mouse button and select safely remove from the Palaces panel

  Expected behaviour:
  The device should be unmounted without any problems, and the terminal should cd back to the home directory.
  You can ensure that the device is unmounted properly by running mount | grep <device path>

  For testing the notification area removal process:

  1. Perform Step 1-3 from the previous step
  2. Click to the devicenotifier on the notification area
  3. Click on the umount button next to the current device

  Expected behaviour:
  The device should be unmounted and a Device can be safely removed now shall be shown.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

AFFECTED FILES
  src/dolphinmainwindow.cpp
  src/dolphinmainwindow.h
  src/panels/places/placesitem.cpp
  src/panels/places/placesitem.h
  src/panels/places/placesitemmodel.cpp
  src/panels/places/placesitemmodel.h
  src/panels/places/placesitemsignalhandler.cpp
  src/panels/places/placesitemsignalhandler.h
  src/panels/places/placespanel.cpp
  src/panels/places/placespanel.h
  src/panels/terminal/terminalpanel.cpp
  src/panels/terminal/terminalpanel.h