D7700: Show list of tags in PlacesView

Emmanuel Pescosta noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 12 12:37:16 BST 2017

emmanuelp added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> nicolasfella wrote in placesitemmodel.cpp:1214
> Do you mean UDS_URL instead of UDS_NAME? Why?

Ups mixed things up. `UDSEntry` doesn't have a `url()` method, only `KFileItem` has it.

> Why?

The problem is that `UDS_URL` may be different from `baseUrl + UDS_NAME`, *depending* on the implementation of the ioslave. `KFileItem` handles this by checking if `UDS_URL` is set or not and handles it using two different code paths. But a user of KIO shouldn't depend on such implementation details, otherwise it may break in future if something changes in the ioslave.

I also think that we should use a `KDirLister` instead because:

- It gives us `KFileItems`
- We can react to `itemsAdded` and `itemsDeleted` signals -> shows new tags without restarting Dolphin

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin