D7440: Turn on Dolphin icon previews by default

Andreas Kainz noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 11 20:38:28 BST 2017

andreaska added a comment.

  update the previewer (speed) is always a good idea. I always didn't understand that there is an preview icon in the main toolbar but by default all previews are turned off via the settings so after a fresh installation open dolphin click on preview you didn't get a preview. that's strange, because when the user want to see the file preview the user should get it. In addition some modules aren't in the default installation (e.g. video and pdf) so you get first not what you want (no preview when click on preview) and second when you are in the settings you see that there isn't a preview for videos and pdf available.

  so it would be nice to

  1. make a better performance for the previews
  2. enable them by default (exe, ... are not that importend so if there are some safety issues for specific previews it's ok to turn them off, but office, pictures, video, pdf, text, should be on by default)
  3. add a link to discover for available other previewers in the dolphin settings.

  thanks for link me to this task and for the dev work.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin