D7668: Add Tags browser places item to Dolphin and file pickers by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 3 02:07:24 BST 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  Oh good point, I forgot that this won't work if Baloo is disabled. I'll guard it behind an #ifdef, which appears to be the standard way to do this, looking through Dolphin's code.

  Since I'm proposing to change a default, the #ifdef will only avoid creating the bookmark on first launch for systems where Baloo is disabled at the distro-level. For users who opt to turn Baloo off themselves, I think it's safe to assume they're technically competent enough to understand the ramifications of that decision. But yes, it would be nice if there was a better error message. With Baloo disabled, I assume your Information panel also doesn't show Tags, right?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO