D6281: Prevent folders from drag and dropping onto themselves in dolphin main view

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 28 01:10:34 BST 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6281#161049, @ngraham wrote:

  > I'm afraid not. The whole idea of moving a folder inside *itself* makes no sense to me
  >  [...]
  >  As such, I don't think the feature should be disabled entirely when "open folders during drag operations" is turned on.

  Do you mean "I do think" here? If so, you should provide a separate patch – or convince somebody else to write a patch ;). This one is about changing from `KMessageWidget` to an overlay, which is relatively unrelated to e.g. doing this via keyboard shortcuts.

  That said, this is something for Dolphin's maintainers to decide. As mentioned above, I'm not sure whether this is a feature or a bug. Reading Dolphin's vision, we might tend to the latter. Even if we disabled the copy case, users could still achieve their (weird) goal by creating the folder by themselves and then only copying the contents.