D7647: Two clicks on file/folder to rename

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 23 07:28:53 BST 2017

sars added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647#158264, @akrutzler wrote:

  > > If you change focus after selecting an item and then give focus back to dolphin by clicking the selected item it starts the edit. In my book that is not what you want ;)
  >
  > That's indeed what we want. Have a look at my reply to your last inline comment :)

  Well, it seems that we just do not agree on this then.

  Currently, in Dolphin, if you are in double-click mode, a single click on an item will never do anything else than modify the selection*. This "Two click rename" will introduce something that basically is a "Single click" action in some situations. This is what is "breaking somebody's work-flow" ;)

  (* Single clicking the expand/collapse arrow does expand/collapse a folder, but that could be argued to be related to item selection)

  We do not need to make an exact copy of the Windows behavior. We can improve it!

  Ps. On Windows a focus change does prevent renaming, if the click on the item gives the focus to the window, which this patch does not.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin