D7647: Two clicks on file/folder to rename

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 22 12:55:43 BST 2017

sars added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647#158040, @akrutzler wrote:

  > > The focus lost-abort triggers abortTwoClicksRenaming() before the second click. That means that changing focus window does not cancel the rename.
  >
  > The focus-lost-cancellation works pretty well for me.

  If you change focus after selecting an item and then give focus back to dolphin by clicking the selected item it starts the edit. In my book that is not what you want ;)

  >> I have an addition to this patch that adds an other QTimer that is started in slotSelectionChanged() and checked/started in slotSelectedItemTextPressed(). If the timer is not running/active when slotSelectedItemTextPressed() is executed, the renaming is not started but the timer is tarted for the next try.
  >>
  >> This removes a _lot_ of mistakenly started renames, but does make it a bit harder to trigger the rename. I set the time to 3xDCT for now.
  >>
  >> (How) do you want me to provide the update?
  >
  > Since we are very close to finish this patch, opening a new revision would be appropriate.

  The change is small and fixes problems with starting editing when single-clicking selected items. I don't think this patch should go in without something mitigating the single-click problem.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin