D7440: Turn on Dolphin icon previews by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 17 21:33:31 BST 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  OK, I think this is reviewable now. The change requires https://phabricator.kde.org/D8347, which implements a new function in KIO that returns a QStringList of default plugins: all of them, minus the plugins specified in an internal blacklist (right now just the text plugin, per @broulik's suggestion).

  If performance is problematic with huge directory sizes, as @markg indicated, then the button to turn previews off is still available in the default toolbar (and that's why I didn't remove it as part of this patch). But IMHO for 99% of users and 99% of folders, there shouldn't be any appreciable performance issues that should block this.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin