KDE Konqueror browser - file manager

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Oct 14 20:01:45 BST 2017

On Freitag, 13. Oktober 2017 09:58:35 CEST Holiness David wrote:
> Dear friends at KDE,
>
> I want to become more of a regular user of Konqueror, but keep having
> difficulties because I keep getting warnings that it is not up to date
> (mostly when I use Google things like Gmail).
>
> When is KDE Konqueror v 5.0.97 going to be updated or upgraded?

Those "warnings" are just a Google ads to try to get you to switch to Chrome,
you also get them if you use up to date Safari or MS edge browsers.

Though if you want to use Konqueror please make sure you have the
webenginepart, otherwise you are likely using an unmaintained webengine.
Additionally konqueror probably won't be maintained much longer as KDE Falkon
(formerly Qupzilla) is set to be the new browser of KDE.

'Allan