D8822: Fix scrolling during inline renaming causes rename of wrong file

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 18 10:07:55 GMT 2017

rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  Sorry to say, but now it breaks for me: Try scrolling with the scroll wheel over the scrollbar (can easily happen if you are trying to move the mouse "out of the way" or when using the context menu for Rename. We do not get the scroll event anymore, the line edit is floating again and the rename target becomes unpredictable.

  I tried `qDebug() << event`, but at this point there's no event at all to observe. Either we go back to the previous version of the patch, or we find another elegant solution…

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in kitemlistroleeditor.cpp:59
> If what you have works with a touchpad already, then that's fine. It's not like Dolphin is very well optimized for touchscreen use anyway.

Touchpad support was the first thing I looked up after Elvis mentioned this :). Apparently "Wheel events are generated for both mouse wheels and trackpad scroll gestures." Source <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwheelevent.html>

As for testing touchscreen support, maybe there's some trickery you can setup in X11 to emulate touch events with a regular mouse?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin