D6046: Workaround non-interactive file/places view on high dpi in multi monitor scenario

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 31 10:57:43 BST 2017

broulik created this revision.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Konqueror, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  See linked bug report and comment in the code for more explanation.

  CHANGELOG: Fixed issue where file area would become inaccessible in high-dpi multi-screen setup

  BUG: 363548
  FIXED-IN: 17.04.2

TEST PLAN
  I know this is horrible and Qt must be fixed but this is such a major and weird bug and I'm lucky to at least found some way of working around it, I also couldn't figure out a simpler testcase for reporting a Qt bug. From what I can tell KMail's QtWebEngine view is also affected by this breaking in a similar fashion.

  Ran `QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS="2;2" dolphin`, moved Dolphin to my second screen, opened a file, was still able to browse other folders and use the Places panel with this patch. Otherwise it would stop working and only work on the primary monitor.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

AFFECTED FILES
  src/dolphinviewcontainer.cpp