D8332: Added baloo urls into places model

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 14 18:46:44 GMT 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks for that investigation, @rkflx. I aspire to your level of thoroughness.

  macOS file pickers have a vertical scrollbar by default to show nearly equivalent content, so I don't think that's a huge deal. We could perhaps hide some sections by default (as long as it's obvious they're hidden and users have an easy and visible way to get them back), and I agree that the Devices section is probably more useful to more people than the Search section. We could consider re-ordering them.

  And you make a good point that some of the search sections aren't relevant to all apps. @renatoo seems to have a reasonable idea on that front. @renatoo, it would be even lovelier if you could also submit patches for affected apps to use the new flag once you've written that part. It's worth mentioning that not even macOS does this; the Open dialog for a text editor shows search options for pictures, music, and videos, for example. We could leapfrog Apple usability-wise here. :)

  Do you guys want to open some Bugzilla tickets to track the pieces of this work, or are we gonna get going right now?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO