D7498: Add option to group hidden files and folders at the end

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 23 23:56:24 BST 2017

Zren created this revision.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Konqueror.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Awhile back I patched Dolphin to sort hidden folders below visible files. Eg:

  - `Music/`
  - `test.txt`
  - `.git/`
  - `.xsession-errors`

  Note, this applies the sort last, so it will keep them at the bottom regardless of what sort is used (filesize/filename/modified/etc).

  By default, it uses the old behaviour. You'll have to go to "View > Adjust View Settings > Check Show hidden files last".
  I'm not 100% sure where the "default" view settings is serialized, but from testing it worked fine when you also check "use as default".

  There's a closed bug report #333219 labeled as WontFix in 2014 that mentions it's probably not what most people would expect. Recently on reddit, someone asked for the feature so I might as well upload the patch for discussion.

  https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/6vcujg/yet_another_support_question_concerning/

  F3874221: 2017-08-23___17-29-41.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3874221>

  F3874270: 2017-08-23___18-53-10.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3874270>

TEST PLAN
  - Confirm `QString("").at(0)` doesn't foobar. I'm not sure when this might happen as files typically have a filename, but might be possible via a KIO plugin/scheme?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kitemviews/kfileitemmodel.cpp
  src/kitemviews/kfileitemmodel.h
  src/settings/dolphin_directoryviewpropertysettings.kcfg
  src/settings/viewpropertiesdialog.cpp
  src/settings/viewpropertiesdialog.h
  src/views/dolphinview.cpp
  src/views/dolphinview.h