What happened to Dolphin's transfer dialog?

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:10:59 BST 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Kai Uwe Broulik <kde at privat.broulik.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Could you please reconsider that implementation detail?
>
> Why? You still have the job progress in the notification area with time
> and controls by default. It's just that you need to disable them both for
> the legacy dialog to show up.

Sure, do you mind explaining how i can turn these settings back on?
I really can't find those settings anymore and if i remember correctly the
one setting to change the progress from notification area to dialog only
shows up if you have the notification area one. I had that set to the
dialog one so now i can't get that setting to appear anymore.. Or i'm just
overlooking it every single time..

I had also disabled the status in the taskbar (i was guessing that would
bring back the dialog since the other setting would already be OK for me),
but no dialog appeared. Granted, i didn't restart plasma... I will try
again with a plasma restart after it (note: those simple things shouldn't
require a desktop restart..)

But ehh.. Your suggestion would make me lose the status in the taskbar..
I'm ok with that, but i find that feature rather neat. Isn't there a way to
have the dialog and the taskbar status?

> I was thinking of providing the full UI in task manager but since not all
> jobs have an application (window) associated with them I didn't.

I think that would get a bit full in the popup.. You would have the
transfer speed in there (perhaps in chart form like the network manager
has?) and controls to pause and cancel. It might fit, but it might also
feel like too much information for the user. Then again, please do that
since it would be much better :)