Baloo Widgets and its future

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue May 12 13:23:45 BST 2015

Hey guys

There exists a repository called 'baloo-widgets' which came from
nepomuk-widgets. These widgets aren't specific to a technology but provide
certain features which use Baloo for one of the many things they do.

There still hasn't been a release of Baloo-Widgets with Qt5. I might just
release it with the next applications release.

I'm not sure if the repository for baloo-widgets should exist. Currently
these widgets - FileMetaDataWidget (Dolphin Information Panel) and
TagWidget - are only used by Dolphin. Also these widgets are nothing
specific to Baloo.

Additionally, I don't have much time/motivation to work of the widgets side
of things any more. I'm currently doing the bare minimum to maintain it. If
someone else wants to step up and take over, I would really appreciate it.

--
Vishesh Handa