Toolbar Layout

John Gutierrez jtgutier at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 6 22:40:16 BST 2015

Feedback:

I've recently started testing Konqueror as my default browser instead
of Firefox.  It is much more stable these days, and the use of webkit
as the back-end has been helpful.

After a couple of days use, I was feeling somewhat ill-at-
ease after using it for more that a few minutes.

I soon realized that the toolbar layout in Konqueror was causing me eye
strain (effort) when selecting Tabs or Bookmarks.

Is it because Firefox Toolbars sequence is: Main, Tabs, Location, Bookmarks,
while Konqueror's layout is: Main, Location, Bookmarks, Tabs?

Is it because Firefox allows a little more space between header elements?

I like the Firefox layout, I just don't know if is because I'm use
to it or because it is just more user friendly?

Has anyone done a 'usability study' of these two different layouts/spacing?

John Gutierrez

p.s. - not a member of this list.