New search dialog for Dolphin

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri May 23 12:14:44 BST 2014

The usability team drafted recently a guideline on search and filter with the
aim to harmonize these features [1,2]. The idea is to separate the filter
operation from highlighting of text and the search in terms of creating a
result list. It should be clear to users how to initiate the function (same
short-cut, same position of controls) and how to operate it - in any KDE tool.

Because Dolphin is one of the core applications, we want to prove the concept
with you. To start the discussion I scribbled a proposal and published it at
the forums (Visual Design Group > [Idea] New search for Dolphin:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=121288). It would be great if you
join the discussion since you are the experts and know all use cases.

Cheers,
Heiko.

[1] http://user-prompt.com/kde-hig-the-search-pattern/
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/SearchPattern
--
Dipl.-Psych. Dr. Heiko Tietze
Research & Project Management

User Prompt GmbH | Psychological IT Expertise
Gruenberger Str. 49, 10245 Berlin | www.user-prompt.com
HRB 14227 | AG Berlin Charlottenburg | Geschaeftsfuehrer Bjoern Balazs

Instant Messaging:
heiko.tietze at kdetalk.net
heiko.tietze at jabber.org