Dolphin, Qt5/KF5 and accessibility

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:46:23 BST 2014

Hi Amandeep,

the accessibility code which you implemented for Dolphin in

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105972/

(thanks again for working on this!) has been temporarily disabled by
Alexander when he ported Dolphin to Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5, see

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/117395/

(the current code can be found in the "frameworks" branch of the
kde-baseapps repository). It seems that a11y changed a bit between Qt4
and Qt5, and Alexander was unsure how to port the code correctly.

It would be a shame to ship the first Qt5-based Dolphin without a11y
features, but I don't really have the time and the Qt5 a11y knowledge
to look into this. Can you help with this? If you can't (which would
be understandable, of course!), please just let us know, and we'll try
and see if someone else is interested in doing it.

Thanks and best regards,
Frank