Dolphin for Plasma Next?

Jens Reuterberg jens at ohyran.se
Tue Feb 18 15:23:22 GMT 2014

Well lets start off by saying "No not really, the HIG guys do the HIG things
we just try to simplify their workflow by making it accessible and actually
done in the end".
The reason why we kinda encroach on their area with layouts and such is
because of talks I've had before starting this up with designers with a
background in KDE. One of the many warnings was that people seemed to think
that visuals where merely "doing pretty" and something that could be added as
an afterthought which resulted in designers being bossed around by 20 people
and then simply leaving. Better to have one proprietary boss than 20 open
ones.

So the fields blur a bit. My personal hope is that the two groups can merge in
the future but since at the moment our work methods are so different its a tad
tricky. So some diplomacy and respect is needed which is why we don't talk too
much about the layout bit and try to swing everything concerning those parts
by them since they are the experts.

Don't worry about being negative and ABSOLUTELY don't worry about being honest
with the time you guys have (or don't) I think we can all understand that
issue :)

But yes - there will be ALLOT of "a)'s" from us. Which is kinda as it should
be - just don't make any promises and keep us in the loop about things and be
honest and that's all anyone can demand.

A majority of the issues will hopefully be part of the "will be fixed by
theme" column - but some might not. I just want you to feel included in insane
ideas and not get the opposite: where we work and work and then dump the work
we have in your lap without forewarning.

But right now Plasma NEXT is calling so ... but I still think the honorable
thing is to warn you "we are looking hungrily at Dolphin" ;)

/Jens

OH before I forget: if you want anything email me! Just so you know I read
everything (although its starting to cost time wise for me too)