porting konqueror to KF5

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Dec 30 12:41:01 GMT 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Stefano Crocco
<stefano.crocco at alice.it> wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
> some time ago I wrote a blog post [1] asking for someone willing to maintain
> konqueror or, at least, to port it to KF5. I was wondering what's the situation
> now (the blog post was written in August). If nobody is doing the porting work,
> I'm willing to do it (or, at least, to attempt to do so: I'm not sure my C++
> skills are up to the task). If someone is already doing this, I'll be glad to
> help, but searching google I couldn't find anything definite: there were some
> hints regardin a porting attempt, but nothing more. I also tried adding a
> comment to the blog post, but without results, so I decided to write here.
> Please, if someone on this list has news about this issue, let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Happy new year to everyone
>
> Stefano
>
> [1] https://blogs.kde.org/2014/08/16/konqueror-looking-maintainer

Hi Stefano!
Looking at the Konqueror history [1] doesn't seem like anybody is
really focusing on Konqueror, so your help is very appreciated.
You can look into porting away from KF5::KDELibs4Support, to get started.

Aleix

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/applications/kde-baseapps/repository/revisions/master/show/konqueror