UDSEntry compression ideas

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 18 22:56:48 BST 2013

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 13:58:25 Todd wrote:
> Do we need the UID and GID?  Can we just store whether the file is
> readable, writable, and executable? That would be three bools rather than
> two ints.

See the property dialog, this info appears there for instance.
I assume it can also be shown as an extra column in dolphin?
Use lxr.kde.org to find all other users, if any.

If it's just the props dialog then we could imagine returning that in stat and
not in listDir though. And then stating from the props dialog (it currently
gets it from the directory listing, when created with a kfileitem from there).