Search Indicators in Dolphin

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed May 29 20:06:45 BST 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ohh, it is.. forget my suggestion then :p
>
> Guess i should enable it a bit more often, hehehe
> Though the reason for disabling was benchmarking listdir performance
> with half a million 0 byte files. The nepomuk indexer took ages in
> that folder. Note: 0 bytes!

Well, I haven't ever tried half a million files, but on average we take
about 50-80 msecs per file. This number should be a lot lower with 4.11
because of the massive improvements I've been doing, but even then it would
still be at least 20-30 msecs.

so half a million = 500,000 * .025 = 12500 seconds = 208 minutes = 3.47
hours.

I'll try creating such a test case and optimizing for it when I get the
time.

--
Vishesh Handa