Confirmation for deletion of files in Dolphin settings also affects Gwenview

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Jun 14 16:20:17 BST 2013

On Thursday 13 June 2013 09:48:42 Michael Mikowski wrote:
> Here are my preferred solutions in order, with no regard to difficulty.
> Note that I use KDE as my only desktop, averaging perhaps 8 hours per day,
> and I do a lot of image manipulation.
>
> 1. Merge gwenview and dolphin.  There already is enormous overlap, and just
> deciding which to use when interacting with image files is confusing.
> These days I trend to prefer dolphin, but then switch to gwenview when
> needed.

Piece of cake, I am going to do this tomorrow on my lunch break :)

More seriously, you have a point that there is a lot of overlap because
Gwenview does quite a lot of file management. Having said so, I don't think
Gwenview and Dolphin can truly be merged: I don't believe it would make sense
to have Gwenview "view" mode in Dolphin or an immersive full-screen mode.

I added file management features to Gwenview because I wanted to be able to
handle photo albums without adding a database, but I sometimes wonder whether
I should have kept it simple by restricting it to a pure single-image viewer.

Aurélien