Confirmation for deletion of files in Dolphin settings also affects Gwenview

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 13 21:04:14 BST 2013

Hi,

2013/6/13 Michael Mikowski:
> Here are my preferred solutions in order, with no regard to difficulty.  Note that I use KDE as my only desktop, averaging perhaps 8 hours per day, and I do a lot of image manipulation.
>
> 1. Merge gwenview and dolphin.

This is unlikely to happen in the near future.

> 2. Separate the two settings, so when using gwenview, for example, I can confirm deletes and do the opposite in dolphin.

This is impossible because deleting and other file operations are
handled by KIO. This part of kdelibs also shows confirmation dialogs,
"File exists already" dialogs, etc. So we have to change the global
setting that controls KIO's behaviour.

> 3. Provide the setting in both apps, and note that it is a global setting in both apps (this would lead to confusing behavior and possible race conditions, through).

This would be the best solution from my POV. I don't quite see why
there could be a race condition though.

Cheers,
Frank