Dolhpin file copy and file date?

Hannu Puhakka hannu at vetokonsultit.fi
Sun Jan 13 23:49:19 GMT 2013

Hei
If I copy a file from my office server on my local folder, the date of the
file is changed to the current date and time.

Is there any possibility to keep the current date using Dolphin "drag and
drop"?

Using scp with argument -p you can keep the original dating. Also for
instance putty keeps the original date.

My opinion as a "normal user mind" the dating is not changed when you copy
a file, but of course some perfectionist may think so. :-)

Best regards
Hannu

Hannu Puhakka, +358 40 59 68 159, hannu.puhakka at vetokonsultit.fi
Vetokonsultit Oy,+358 9 2747 400, Kultasepänkatu 4 B, 04250 KERAVA,FINLAND