[Nepomuk] Nepomuk 4.11 Roadmap

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Feb 19 16:45:19 GMT 2013

Hey Bjorn

It's nice to hear from you again!

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Björn Balazs <b at lazs.de> wrote:

> Hi Alex, all,
>
> first of all. Sorry for taking so long to answer your question
> - but I have been ill last week, feeling slightly better
> now...

Get well soon :)

> But we have to slow down a little bit. Your proposal looks
> nice and useful but we are not sure what questions it really
> answers. So we should start with more general research before
> evaluating a mockup (e.g. who uses sidebars, which scenario
> needs to be supported,... In terms of "Recents": in what kind
> of dimension do user think, etc).

I think finding volunteers is not going to be a problem. The Places panel
is arguably THE most frequently used Panel in Dolphin. It attracts the
attention of many users and developers.

I for one would be happy to help!

> So summing it up: I would suggest not to implement the idea of
> a timeline, but I see potential for improving the sidebar(s).
>
> Please let us know how to proceed!

How about the other way around?

How do we get started? Do we need to prepare mockups? What exactly should
we (programmers) do? Each of us obviously has some ideas of features they
would like in the panel. Should we start collecting all of them?

--
Vishesh Handa