Can Not Run Java App - Konqi Times Out

quantumn at i2pmail.org quantumn at i2pmail.org
Wed Aug 14 23:50:51 BST 2013

I am trying to access a Java app, but it does not work.  Checking
Settings|Plugins|Plugins I find that Konqueror has found and loaded the
libnpjp2.so plugin (Oracle Java), so Java should work.  I also tried
OpenJDK with this and it fails the same way.

I am trying to access a remote IPMI machine.  When I enter its IP and
hit Enter, I get the IPMI login screen.  I enter Username and Password
and <Enter> and it thinks for a second, and comes up with a popup which
says, "Your session has timed out. You will need to open a new
session".  I have opened a new session.  I've opened a hundred of them,
and always the same error.

I go to the Java Test page here: http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp
and it says: "Your Java is working."

Why would Konqueror give an instant timeout, when I can load the page
fine, and how can I prevent this?