How should we handle a forward slash "/" in new file and rename dialogs?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 22:10:39 GMT 2012

On Tuesday, 2012-10-30, Emmanuel Pescosta wrote:
> > -_- i wanted to fix that!
>
> Ok no problem ;) If you want, you can fix the problems in kdelibs (New
> File Dialog) and in Dolphin (Rename Dialog)

I am not sure what Dolphin's policy regarding platforms is, but any change in
kdelibs should be.

Forward slash not being allowed looks a lot like being based on the assumption
of a system using forward slash as the path separator, so it might not apply
to systems using a different character, e.g. back slash on Windows.

Forward slash might be invalid on Windows as well, but since back slash is OK
on Linux, forward slash might be on Windows.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring